Stream music everywhere with Gramofon
Gramofon, the new, must-have music gadget, makes it easy to stream music over the cloud to any audio system you own, from portables to hi-fi separates. Plug the little black box into your system via the supplied stereo RCA cable, connect it to the WiFi network in your home (a simple process that takes a matter of minutes) and get streaming from any WiFi enabled device – smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac.
Gramofon is made by Fon: creator of the world’s largest WiFi network, with more than 14 million hotspots. The device was first revealed in 2014 as a Kickstarter project, subsequently launching as a perfect companion to the Spotify music streaming service. Fon’s WiFi know-how and integration of Spotify Connect to the Gramofon led to the creation of a uniquely simple and affordable home audio streaming device, ideal for Spotify users wanting to stream music to their existing audio systems with minimal fuss and expense.
Now, Gramofon is evolving. A major software update has brought Qualcomm’s AllPlay platform to the party, opening up a raft of additional services and facilities. In addition to Spotify Premium, Gramofon now supports all the other music-streaming services on the AllPlay platform, including Napster, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Aupeo, doubleTwist and Soma FM. More services will be added to AllPlay over time, and each will be compatible with the Gramofon – the likes of Jay Z’s TIDAL, SoundCloud and iHeart Radio are all coming soon. Simply open your favourite streaming service app and hit play…
AllPlay isn’t just about streaming music via internet-based services; it enables you to play music stored locally on your smartphone, tablet or computer, too. It also adds nifty multi-room functionality – if you have several audio systems around your home, simply connect a Gramofon to each one, and add them to your
WiFi network. Via the AllPlay app, you can choose to play music in just one room, or different music in several rooms, or synchronise your Gramofons so they all play the same music – perfect for house parties!
Thanks to Gramofon’s ingenious little box and AllPlay’s versatile streaming platform, the creation of a beautifully simple, flexible and affordable multi-room audio system is now within everyone’s reach – by utilising the audio systems they already own. Unlike other brand-specific multi-room audio platforms, AllPlay via Gramofon offers a more flexible and collaborative approach – you’re not locked into one hardware brand or software interface, and friends can join your network when they visit and stream music from their own devices. AllPlay is essentially future-proof, too – as more functionality is added to the AllPlay platform, every Gramofon will automatically update its firmware to match.
Fon is now rolling out updates to incorporate AllPlay, every Gramofon will get the AllPLay update and the majority of existing internet-connected Gramofons have already had their firmware upgraded while future Gramofon shipments will have AllPlay pre-installed. Gramofon is a true ‘fit and forget’ product – once connected to your WiFi network, all updates are automatic.
Gramofon offers one further unique bonus: in addition to its music streaming capabilities, it also serves as a WiFi extender, all for an RRP of just €69 (around £50 at the current rate of exchange) with free shipping, via www.gramofon.com
Notes for Editors: Gramofon
- Stream music wirelessly to your existing audio system(s)
- Now incorporates Qualcomm AllPlay
- Integrates with your WiFi network – more stable and greater range than Bluetooth, with the potential for better sound quality
- Compatible with multiple internet music streaming services, including Spotify Premium, Napster, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Aupeo, doubleTwist and Soma FM, with many more to come
- Music stored locally on a smartphone, tablet or computer can also be streamed
- Connect Gramofons to several audio systems around the house for beautifully simple and effective multi-room audio, utilising the music systems you already own
- Stream different music to each room, or synchronise several Gramofons to play the same music all around the home
- Gramofon acts like a WiFi hotspot for your music system – friends can join your network and play their tunes, too
- Also acts as a WiFi extender, adding further value for money
For more information, visit www.gramofon.com